Search my blog

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

This is my God... Do you know Him?

01.19.2011


This is my God... Do you know Him?

The book of Ecclesiastes states that there is a season for everything in life.  A time and a place for all things.  Well, I thank God that is the case, because I'm not sure how much longer I could hold up in this current season... on my own strength.

In this current season, God has asked me to follow Him, trust Him, and NEED HIM through the tornado winter.  His voice comforts, His hand guides, His confidence reassures, His provision prevails.  

In the past 3 weeks, I've personally experienced The Gospel of 2011 and, thus forged further descriptors for my Maker...

... He's the healer of broken hearts.
... He's the defender of first time soldiers, marching into His battle (love wins.)
... He's the voice of truth, even when darkness tries to hide it.
... He's the provider of opportunity, even when it makes no worldly sense how.
... He's the face of compassion and mercy and grace.
... He's the ground wire, in the network of family
... He's the wise counselor
... He's the creator of dreams
... He's the ONE we can live completely dependent on... without fail. 

This is my God... do you know him?


Ecclesiastes 3

A Time for Everything
1 There is a time for everything,
   and a season for every activity under the heavens:
 2 a time to be born and a time to die,
   a time to plant and a time to uproot,
 3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
   a time to tear down and a time to build,
 4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
   a time to mourn and a time to dance,
 5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
   a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
 6 a time to search and a time to give up,
   a time to keep and a time to throw away,
 7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
   a time to be silent and a time to speak,
 8 a time to love and a time to hate,
   a time for war and a time for peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought on this you want to share...? Please type it here!