Search my blog

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Inter-Dependence

11.14.10

Inter-Dependence 

We were created for interdependence.  No man is an island.  We are all connected in some way.
I learned this lesson over the past few days, in a big way.  After returning from a 3 day business trip to the mid-south, I contracted a stomach flu from my contagious 8 month old son.  (We suspect the church nursery played a part in this as well...)  

Now I'm the kind of person who really doesn't get sick.  In fact, I can't remember the last time I was THIS sick before!  (probably back when I was a small child)  

I was totally incapacitated.  

My wife, my Ezer Kinegdo, my help-mate, my soul-mate... my nurse, proceeded to care for me in a way I never expected.  She called my doctor, got advice from the nurses on call for just what to do.  She got a prescription for me, to subside some of the symptoms of my flu.  

She loved me, unconditionally.

She cared for me, relentlessly.  

She woke me every hour on the hour to take another sip of Gatorade to restore my hydration.  

A sickness that could have lasted a week, easy, has been cleansed out of my body in 3 days...

In those 3 days, I was completely dependent on my wife for my everything.  She was amazing.  

We were created for interdependence.  And I am so glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought on this you want to share...? Please type it here!