Search my blog

Monday, November 29, 2010

What is Your Mission?

11.29.10
What is Your Mission?

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"

"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat.

"I don't much care where--" said Alice.

"Then it doesn't matter which way you go," said the Cat

--Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll


It is certainly counter-cultural to think that someone would head out on a journey, without knowing exactly where they were going?  

For the record: I'm not talk about a faith leap.  That is different in many ways... because some-ONE knows exactly where you are going, and you are relying on them as your tour guide... it's different.

I'm talking about living life, day to day, with reckless abandon of purpose!  


My life changed, drastically, when I embraced this concept.  


In late spring, this year, my life became a blank canvas for the Divine Artist to draw His will upon.  

I prayerfully went through a Spiritual Gifts Assessment, and unveiled the unique abilities God has wired within me.  


I reflected on my life experiences that God has given me, to refine me and shape who I am today.


I searched deep within my soul to identify passions that absolutely stir me up inside.  Some may call these their "Holy Discontents"


I scoured the scriptures for confirmation and validation of what I was seeing and feeling.


Then... and only then... I prayed for God to reveal to me the overlap of all these areas... which has become my life mission.  my purpose.  my vision.  my drive.


"To bring Glory to God through innovation and start-up energy."


May all that I do be a reflection of God, through inspiring, thinking, reinventing, and breathing energy into ideas.  


What's your mission?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought on this you want to share...? Please type it here!