Search my blog

Thursday, May 27, 2010

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step

05.27.10

Well, today could be considered the first day of my new journey. No longer will I consider my vocational life 100% employed… but rather, I now will think of myself as “Rob Incorporated,” of which one of my clients is my employer. They hire me for my sales, consulting, and operational leadership services on a contract basis. But they are not my “employer” as far as I’m concerned, any longer. God, Jesus, and Holy Spirit is the Triune chairperson for Rob Inc. I have been appointed as Chief Operating Officer for Rob Inc, and have the amazing responsibility of bringing Glory to God by completing the good works he has given me to do. Currently, Rob Inc is involved in Prepress services, Urban ministries, and Home Facilities Management.

I do feel God has given me a vision for passive income streams to be setup. Perhaps this starts with my gimmick of a “$50 challenge.” I know that I need start up capital, but don’t really have any… so begins the journey to double a $50 bill every month, until enough capital is raised for investment.

Could this really be possible? Could this really happen? My life has been absolutely filled, lately, with God-sized tasks that could NEVER happen without Him showing up and blessing it. Could this actually happen?

I should establish some core, foundational truths that will not waiver through this process:

Rob Incorporated will operate as a servant leader to consumer markets through the following guiding principles:

We acknowledge God as the true owner of all we have, do, and become. (Psalm 50:12b)
We will lead from a God-given vision. (Proverbs 29:18)
We will seek God’s Will in every strategic decision made. (Psalm 127:1)
We will serve God’s company in our area of giftedness. (1 Corinthians 12:7)
We will give all the glory and honor to God for any future business lessons and successes. (John 17:4)
We will regularly review our progress and check its alignment to our vision. (Matthew 7:18)
We will give God room to change the plan, in accordance with His Will. (Proverbs 16:9)
We will not borrow money to grow our business. (Proverbs 22:7)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought on this you want to share...? Please type it here!