Search my blog

Monday, December 13, 2010

Rear View Mirror

12.13.10

Rear view mirror...

Year end has recently become a time of reflection for me.  I try to not box my world up into a tiny little "me" sized bundle, but rather look back at the previous 12 months and consider what God was doing in that time.  

I look at the brothers and sisters in Christ closest to me, the ones God has given me to love well... what fruit stems from THEIR tree today?  

I look at the condition of my marriage.  Acknowledging that riffs and spats are somewhat normal for the healthy marriage, I inspect the overall temperature of our walk together as followers of Christ.

My relationship with God.  How QUALITY of connection am I seeking?  Could I look myself in the mirror and honestly say that my walk with God is more intimate than it has ever been? 

I take a look in the rear view mirror... not in order to plot my course, but rather, to recognize the gift of God's guidance by seeing where I've come from.  

This year:

1.  God stirred my heart...
2.  He challenged my paradigms...
3.  He provided mentorship (a tour guide) for my new journey...
4.  He provided stimulating books and thoughts...
5.  He provided a supporting wife, who's on board with complete surrender...
6.  He provided opportunity to use my rusty gifts, and bring Him glory...
7.  He provided new connections, networks, and friends...
8.  He provided innovative resources, that may serve as tools for my future calling...
9.  He provided miscellaneous events, engagements, and opportunities in environments no mere "me" could qualify to be in...
10.  He provided hope, vision, and dreams...
11.  He provides freedom, in Him, through Christ.

An amazing ride, for sure.  It has been a incredible year.  And I am so thankful for God's provision.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought on this you want to share...? Please type it here!