Search my blog

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Affirmation #3

6.3.10

-Affirmation #3-

Another man of God that I respect greatly and has inspired me for the past few years returned my call today. 11 years ago he came through a similar transition time: sensing God’s calling and infusing it into his life wheel. He has been where I am, and knows how I feel.

I shared with him that God has shown me a calling on my life is greater than any job, or career. It isn’t fenced in by titles, or by responsibilities. I told him my calling was “to bring Glory to the Throne of God by innovating and bringing start up energy to projects.”

He shared with me a recent lesson he had learned regarding four personality styles:
1. Innovation / idea people – the vision people
2. Project people- build the project then place it in sustainers hands
3. People people- the talkers and relaters
4. Task people- the git r done folks
He said we have to assemble teams of volunteers in any ministry with all of these styles of personalities to be effective. Ideally, your team would be assembled with people who overlap a few of these, so as to not have total “silos” built up.

This man of God validated my latest revelations, stating “What you have described is 100% true and appropriate, and I affirm everything you say, Rob.”

He then mentioned how he could see me helping to coach the “Rob’s” of new church plants and ministries. He said the focus for too long, has been exclusively on the church planter (pastor), and not on the #2 guy who helps the pastor get the vision accomplished.

He asked me to consider what I would say to a group of 10 #2 church plant people in a room if I were to speak to them. How would I encourage them?

He asked me to keep thinking on these things, and continuing to pray through them.

God continues to open doors and affirm and validate this vision. I almost am beginning to feel like our Heavenly Father’s field, where he is tending and adding the right amount of vision (dream), nutrients (logas/rhema) and light (hope) and water (spiritual mentorship). When will this flower bloom? Is it blooming now? What is the crop going to look, feel, act, taste like? I’m surrendered. Your will not mine be done God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought on this you want to share...? Please type it here!