Search my blog

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I enjoy...

6.7.10
Day 12: List my dreams and passions.

What is it you find naturally enjoyable? If money were not important, what would you spend your time doing? When do you find the time just flying by? What are those recurring themes that keep coming up in your thinking? What did you enjoy as a child but perhaps have been told was unrealistic or impractical to focus on as a career?

I use to love collecting baseball cards, then determining their value. I would monitor them week after week, to discover how the value of each card had changed, the loved selling them when their value spiked. I loved sowing these seeds.

I loved making the ordinary extraordinary. From small business ventures to how I presented my reports at school. My excitement came from differentiation from the competition. I was thrilled to make mine “better” than the next guy.

This may sound vein, but as a kid I use to love to wash my money too. I would iron it and press it flat. For a few Christmases in a row, I remember asking for a simple stack of one dollar bills, because I liked seeing my pile grow.

Today, I enjoy winning at poker because I can see my chip stack grow. I love dominating the table and playing a winning streak.

I also enjoy time with my son and wife. I especially enjoy our long walks together.

I enjoy playing my iPod (sermons or talks) and jamming out household chores.

I enjoy vacations, and reading a good positive thinking book while laying in the sun and relaxing.

I enjoy coaching co-workers in handling situations. I enjoy handling HR situations.

I enjoy developing the first of something, better.

I enjoy listening to sermons that compel me.

I enjoy balancing my home budget and strategically planning for expenses.

I enjoy reading my bank statement, and counting my money.

I enjoy “numbers” and business math.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought on this you want to share...? Please type it here!