Search my blog

Friday, October 22, 2010

Positively Strategic

10.22.10

Positively Strategic

As an innovator, I'll be the first to admit many of my ideas are "out there" and less than practical in many cases.  Recognizing this, it is critical for me to partner with others to help me flush out ideas and refine them into true plans for implementation.  I'm the dreamer, others are the engineers...

It's amazing how the "gravity" of life pulls a person down to the ground, with very little effort.  To the emotionally intelligent, this fact should be considered law or rule.  (perhaps John Maxwell has written a book on this?)

At any rate, life's gravitational pull tries to discourage, manipulate, or derail visions and dreams of the future.  Without an intentional "counter-strategy" to offset the affects of life's pull, an entrepreneur or innovator has no chance to survive...

My plan is simple:  Try to fill my ears, eyes, and mind with more positive than negative.

Here's how I do it:

1.  Start my day in the WORD of God- I read the One Year Bible every day
2.  Spend time, real time, praying
3.  If time permits, read 15 minutes in a book that helps me grow in an area of my life
4.  Drive time = sermon time.  I download many sermons, weekly, from inspirational pastors on fire for Christ... and listen to them.
5.  Hang around with people that build me up, and don't tear me down.

What are some ways that you fill yourself up with encouragement and positive energy?

....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought on this you want to share...? Please type it here!