Search my blog

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Pray for your city

10.16.10

Pray for your city

As an entrepreneur (or at least, a hopeful)... AND as a follower of Christ, it is a natural fit to integrate my prayer life into my business world.  

My wife and I pray over opportunities, daily.  

"Heavenly Father, open the doors you want us/me to walk through, and close the ones you do not."

I believe prayer is a POWERFUL tool that refines our faith, and gains the attention of God who is just waiting for us to ASK so He can BLESS.

But here's the deal: God instructs us to pray for MORE than just our own economies!  He wants us to pray for the economies of our city!




 

Jeremiah 29:7 (New International Version)

7 Also, seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the LORD for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper."





God has placed us in a local community (our city) for HIS purpose.  For HIS plan.  God wants us to pray over the prosperity of those around us, knowing that if they prosper, so will we.

Oh, how this scripture gripped me today!  

I realized I've been more focused on asking God to bless the plan I feel he has given to ME. 

ME.

Not US.  Not WE...

but (selfishly) ME.

God loves me, I know this... but what impact could be made into the Kingdom of Heaven if an entire City, State, NATION gave credit to our AWESOME God for their prosperity?!

What impact could be made in the advancement of God's people if entire nations bowed before Him in prayer, asking for God to bless their neighbor BEFORE they asked for blessing themselves?!

As an entrepreneur, and a follower of Christ... I commit to praying for the growth, prosperity, and success of businesses I may never step foot in or do business with... in order that God be given the Glory and Honor and Praise.


Pray for them to follow the will of God.
Pray for them to give credit to Christ for all good gifts.

Pray for them to consult the Holy Spirit before making that next big decision.

Pray for them.



Will you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought on this you want to share...? Please type it here!