Search my blog

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Encouragement from the field

10.21.10

Encouragement from the field

Last night, I took a seasoned business veteran out for dinner.  His background includes starting $15M annual sales companies from scratch, investing profits into income producing assets, and organizational leadership.  Though the industries we serve are different, I admire his will and drive to grow, create, and innovate something of value from "thin air."

Best of all... he is a believer.

We talked about leading a company as a Christian man.  We talked about business trends over the past 30+  years of his experience in business ownership.  We talked about how he took his first steps.  

I shared with this man my vision.  My idea.  My "Drum Beat" concept.  

(((Pause: have I ever mentioned how vulnerable I feel after sharing my vision with someone else?  It's an equivalent feeling to driving to the office in the dead of winter, and realizing you are ONLY wearing your snow suite.  no clothes.  COMPLETELY vulnerable, exposed, and so hopeful the other person won't notice.)))

So, I laid it out there... in full.  My plan.  

He loved it.  He saw value in it.  And he told me he thought I could really make this work!

Oh the sweet feeling of confirmation!  Affirmation!  Validation!!

I can't even begin to describe the confidence boost this is to me.  I greatly respect this man for his accomplishments and experiences... and to have encouragement radiate from his spirit into mine... amazing.  

I praise God for this encouragement from field.  



The question I find myself reflecting on now is...



WHO IN MY LIFE COULD BENEFIT FROM THIS TYPE OF ENCOURAGEMENT FROM ME?


Who can I speak belief into?  What effect might that have?  

How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought on this you want to share...? Please type it here!