Search my blog

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Write it down

10.17.10

Write it down.  

One of the significant events in the Fall season for me is my chance to retreat for one to full day to what I call my "DAWG" day.  DAWG is an acrostic for Day Away With God.

It's simply my day to go hang out with the Triune God for a full day and night.  

I bring my journals... all of them.  I reflect on some of the prophecies God has spoken and fulfilled in my past. The previous years worth of journal entries serve as amazing encouragement, and real confidence booster in my trust and hope in God to provide.

He has given me some incredible prophecies in years past.  Most that just cannot be excused or explained by human effort... and it is SO COOL to look back and reflect on the fulfillment of those prophecies.

But none of that could have happened, had I not written them down!

The discipline of writing down prayers, prophecies, and experiences with God has proven to be one of the foundational elements to strengthening my faith.  

When I'm discouraged, I can pick up my journal, and read the hope that has been fulfilled.

When I'm confused, I can pick up my journal and see the clear focus and vision God has given me for my life.

When I'm wrestling with a topic in my mind, it helps to pray it through ink... scripting my prayers in real time.

If you haven't yet tapped into this simple, encouraging, and relationship strengthening exercise of writing down your experiences with God, I would encourage you to do so!

Try it for 30 days.  5 minutes per day.  And just see what He reveals to you!

~R


Jeremiah 30:2 (New Living Translation)

2 “This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: Write down for the record everything I have said to you, Jeremiah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought on this you want to share...? Please type it here!