Search my blog

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Unconditional Love

09.19.10

Unconditional Love

I've blown it.  I've disgraced the one my Bible calls me to respect and honor.  I've tarnished his name, metaphorically spit in his face, and usurped his authority countless times.

I've leveraged his grace for my own personal gain.  I've written him off as inadequate... ignorant... and ill equipped.  

I've vacillated back and forth between love and anger with him.  I've cut deep into our relationship, just to see if it would hurt.  

I've mocked.  I've blamed.  I've shown no mercy.  





I've sinned. 






And yet, through all this... HE STILL LOVES.  

He reaches out.  He opens his arms.  He celebrates my successes.  

He loves me without any reason, without any condition.  I feel his love, whether I want it or not.

I simply cannot reconcile his love with my guilt... but it's still there.

My father loves me, more than I will ever love myself.  

He gave me life, in the midst of my death.

He speaks to me, though many times my ears are deaf.




Worship = reciprocation.



I've strained our relationship.  My sin, not his.  

But today, is the first day of the rest of my life.  I can (and will) choose to worship, through reciprocation of that love, respect, and honor.  



Lord, in my weakness, you are strong.  As this has become my thorn, I pray that you will use it to bring honor and glory to your throne.



Love... is UNCONDITIONAL...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought on this you want to share...? Please type it here!