Search my blog

Saturday, September 4, 2010

September on Purpose

09.04.10

September on Purpose...

Wow, what an amazing experience August was!  Setting goals, on paper (digitally) on purpose truly helped to focus my efforts and stay balanced!  God laid the goals on my heart... I wrote them down... I told some people... my accountability partner checked in with me... I successfully hit a few of them (and also missed a few.)  

But the important thing is that August happened ON PURPOSE... not accident!

Let's review last month's goals here: August's goals

As September sweeps in with rains and cold winds... I'll set goals to do the following:

God Time:
1. Continue prayer journal + pray on-the-spot when requests pop up.
2. Read the One Year Bible daily.
3. Plan/book my 2010 annual DAWG Day location and reservation.  (Day Away With God)

Marriage:
1. Seek daily quality conversation with my wife.
2. Seek to perform 1< random act of kindness, 5 days per week for my wife.

Parent:
1. Put my son to bed 5 nights per week.  (Read books, bottle, pray, love on him)
2. Have 1< quality interaction with my son, daily.  (laugh time, story time, talk time, pray time, etc)

Financial:
1. Begin grocery shopping at a discount grocer, using debit card.
2. Empower wife to monitor our Mint.com budget

Physical:
1. Go to bed at 9PM daily, wake up by 5:30AM daily.
2. Workout 5 days per week, for at least 30 minutes each day.

Mental:
1. Read 3 books per month: 1 inspirational and 1 training
2. Post my goals, visually, in our home office.

Social:
1. Book September & October social gatherings

Vocational:
1. Continue refining my Habakkuk vision.
2. Market research, competitive research, plan research
3. Develop capital raise strategy


These are my goals for the upcoming month. 

What are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought on this you want to share...? Please type it here!