Search my blog

Monday, August 2, 2010

Life on Purpose

08.02.10

Life on Purpose

A very wise sage told me (and a group of about 25 others) Saturday: many people have great ideas that could change the world, but they fail to write them down and put them to action.  

Wow.

Being an innovator, my mind’s eye is swarmed ideas that could change the world. Rarely… almost NEVER do I take the time to catch those shooting stars by jotting them down. I should. I don’t. I will. I must.

Sunday morning, I spent time in prayer and reflection over each area of my “life wheel.” God has given each area to me, for His purpose and His glory. It is my job to discover what my role is in each area for the season I’m in, and go after it!

In months past, I’ve mentally processed each area. I’ve even gone so far as to tell my wife or accountability partner what my month’s goals will be. However… I couldn’t recite those to you now… as many-a-thought have come and gone since then, washing away the once acute goals into my memory’s deep abyss.
Starting yesterday, I’m challenging myself to a few 30 day goals in all of my life areas. I’ve written them down. I’m specific. I feel by pursuing these goals, I will honor God and bring glory to Him.

Because my whole purpose for publishing this Blog is to bring Glory to Jesus by living transparently… in hopes that my experiences give life, hope, and THRUST energy to someone else… I’d like to share a few of these life area goals:

God:
1. Begin a prayer journal where I document prayer requests throughout the week.
2. Pray, actively for those needs
3. Ask my accountability partner to check in with me regarding my prayer life.

Marriage:
1. Have quality conversations (“talk time”) with my wife, daily.
2. Build my wife up with edification and affirmation
3. Ask my accountability partner to check in with me regarding my communication with my wife.

Parent:
1. Have my 4 month old sit in his Bumbo seat at the dinner table during meals, and read a Bible Story during that time.
2. Read at least one book to my son per day for personal interaction with him.

Financial:
1. Start a cash envelope for our grocery budget. (our biggest “ouch”)

Physical:
1. Go to bed at 9PM daily, wake up by 5:30AM daily.
2. Sign up for a Fall running/physical event that will inspire me to train now.
3. Workout 5 days per week, for at least 30 minutes each day.
4. Track my calorie intake with LoseIt application for iPhone

Mental:
1. Read 2 books per month: 1 inspirational and 1 training
2. Post my goals, visually, in our home office.

Social:
1. Book August and September social dinners/desserts with friends

Vocational:
1. Read Habakkuk.
2. Re-read Habakkuk.
3. Complete the project found in Habakkuk Chapter 2.
4. Review this project with my mentor, for guidance. (Proverbs 20:18)


Some of these may be high or lofty… and some may be even more achievable than I realize. But the lesson I’m trying to learn is WRITE THEM DOWN! God has given me these visions for each area of my life, and I will capture them on paper, on PURPOSE.



1 comment:

  1. Wow this is awesome!! I need to do this to! Thank you so much for sharing
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Have a thought on this you want to share...? Please type it here!