Search my blog

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Discouragement

08.08.10

Discouragement



I’m feeling a bit discouraged right now. 



Not as a matter of giving up or as a matter of frustration… that isn’t quite it. 

But discouragement.



Discouragement is defined as: cause to lose confidence or enthusiasm.


Not sure why. I had an amazing week with the boys. We laughed, we joked, we did stuff only a band of brothers can do.


Subsequently, I had amazing time with family and friends. Again, we laughed. We cried. We reminisced of the times of old. ☺ It was a joy. We celebrated what could only be a gift from God: unshakable love for one another.


It’s truth for me to be honest, and say even after all that… I’m feeling melancholy and discouraged tonight. No fault to point out. No blame to pass. Just being real. 

Have you ever felt just... blkjerklejaskljdiojfdoisjs... before? 

In taking my loss of enthusiasm to the cross, I stumbled upon this passage:

1 Corinthians 4:7: 
 “For what gives you the right to make such a judgment? 
What do you have that God hasn’t given you? 
And if everything you have is from God, 
why boast as thought it were not a gift?”

God has given me my life, my world, my circumstances as a GIFT. Some of the greatest lessons I’ve learned have come from painful/uncomfortable/hopeless times. Seems like God gifts (or installs) these emotional mechanisms to remind us of how much we need him to survive, emotionally.

What gives me the right to pout and moan about my gift under the “God” tree today?

Do I really think I have succeeded in life without God? No way! He’s given me all that I have, not for my happiness… but for HIS GLORY.

If everything was hunky dory (which it kind of is…) what would that expose? Would I be happier if life were harmonious? … APPARENTLY NOT! I’m discouraged right now! ☺

Maybe, just maybe, life isn’t suppose to be peaches and roses for me to be happy.

BUT…

If discouragement is what it took for me to come back to the cross and search Biblical truth for my world out AND give that truth ground to root into my heart… then Glory to God for gifting it to me.

Dear Dad,

Thank you for the beautiful gift you gave me today.

I will use it to seek you more. Also, I’ll feed this gift daily with your nourishing WORD.

Best of all, I truly believe I know of other people who can really benefit from this gift too… so I may share it with them, if that’s okay with You.

I love you Daddy. I’m so glad you’re my active father. You know me so well, because you genuinely care about my needs. This gift is perfect, because it is from You.

Thanks again, Dad. I love you so much.

Sincerely,
Your Son, Rob.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought on this you want to share...? Please type it here!