Search my blog

Monday, August 23, 2010

Today it begins...

08.23.10

Today it begins...

Today is the first day of the rest of your life.  Yesterday is gone.  Today marks the first day of your "future you."

And so I ask, what does the "future you" look like?  What does the "future you" do for a living?  Vocation? Relationships? Friendships? Finances? Physical care for your body?  

Over the last 8 months, I've been sharpening my sword with a great warrior in the battle.  This warrior has won many a battle... lost a few... and lead squadrons of troops to victory in many wars. 

This morning served as the turning point for our conversations.  The culmination of months of conversations and years of preparation.  

Activated.

A plan reviewed.  (and mentor endorsed) A vision renewed.  A GREAT GOD takes the bow off an amazing future, that only He could create.  

And so my future begins today. 

I will not compromise God time.

I will not compromise Husbandship.

I will not compromise Fatherhood.

I will not compromise existing responsibilities.

I will not compromise Self Care

I will not waste this vision.

I will not throw away my gifts, skills, passions, and life experiences in order to gain of convenience and predictability.

The only true "security" is knowing that God is in control. 

So, we march forward.

Back to back with mentorship and accountability, we march.

Though the future is filled with the "unknown"... we faithfully march.

We march to that place in which God MUST show up for it to work out.

surrendered.

Today, it begins...  as in Genesis 37.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought on this you want to share...? Please type it here!