Search my blog

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Worth Praying For

08.25.10

Worth Praying For

Being a slightly impulsive individual, I'm very quick to buy into inspiring ideas... Many times, the emotional energy of the moment is enough for me to sell out and move forward.  

I've many times said I'd rather make a good decision NOW, than the BEST decision later...

I've justified this with the fact that procrastination can lead to an overwhelming build up of tasks and decisions, thus paralyzing me (or my team.)  And part of that is true... however...
... I rarely pray over my personality traits.

Is it right to be an impulsive renegade?  and furthermore, is it right to write it off as a leadership "quality"... WITHOUT consulting the greatest example of SERVANT LEADERSHIP that ever lived?


Jesus teaches us to pray boldly.  Directly.  With His authority and in HIS NAME.



Mark 11:23-24 (New International Version)

23"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. 24Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.


 He empowers us with the ability to powerfully command circumstances, situations, and experiences to submit to the authority of our faith, hope, and love.

As I examine my prayer life, I'm stunned to realize I too often pray for requests

God, please protect _______
God, please provide ______ 
God, please give me ______
God, please open doors / close doors with _______

Prayer is way more powerful than that.  And Jesus knew it!

Like a warrior soldier, Jesus wielded the prayer sword with strength and valor.  With each striking blow, He showed us how to effectively slash flesh and sin, and destroy the enemies advances through prayer!

Pray directly into situations.  Pray directly into emotions.  Pray directly into circumstances.  

CLAIM YOUR WOLD AS HOLY GROUND, OWNED BY JESUS CHRIST.... King of all Kings... Lord of all Lords.

Romans 8:31 (New International Version)

 31What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?


Let me answer that for you... NOBODY!

No person can be against us.

No circumstance can be against us.

No fear can be against us.

No IMPULSE can be against us.

Having trouble keeping focused on that project?  PRAY
Having trouble staying motivated on that plan?  PRAY

Having trouble keeping focused on your vision?  PRAY


 


I will choose to pray over my tendency to make impulsive decisions, in all areas of life.  I will pray directly into it.  I will command my impulsivity, IN JESUS' NAME, to fall to its knees in submission to Christ's wisdom, truth, and love.

I urge you... pray with boldness and confidence... directly into your challenges as a leader.



Our God is big enough to handle that.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought on this you want to share...? Please type it here!