Search my blog

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Business Plans

08.24.10

Business Plans

I'm smack dab in the middle of writing a business plan right now... and I find myself at a road block.  I'm caught in between the two cliffs of functional and inspirational.

I'm a driver, a motivator, a leader, a decision maker by calling.  My gut feel tells me to write a plan that more resembles a story line, or plot.  

Start with the opening scene and define the market, 

crescendo into the main key issues/problems, 

then apply my business ideas to satisfying those issues,

and summarize in a timeline of how this will be done.



But, alas,... a pull stronger than gravity pulls me back to creating the sterile corporate strategic plan that so many failed ventures have fallen victim to.  


I must follow the example of Superman, and stay away from this Kryptonite.  Traditional plans don't sit well in my soul... which is probably the Holy Spirit warning me to stay away!

God knew this would happen.  This is why he told me to simply cling to your calling.

My calling?  To bring Glory to the throne of God, through innovation and startup energy.  
Here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought on this you want to share...? Please type it here!