Search my blog

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A case of the Fridays!

08.10.10

A case of the FRIDAYS!

I love watching the work week conversations cycle from past reflection to present lamentation to future expectation. Allow me to illustrate:

Monday: “How was your weekend?” or “I did ______ over the weekend”
Tuesday: “Man its hot outside!” or “Can you believe this rain we are having?!”
Wednesday: “It feels like its already been a full week!” or “half way thru!”
Thursday: “Got any big plans for the weekend?” or “Weekend’s almost here!”
Friday: “Can’t wait till 5 o’clock!” or “tomorrow we are going to ______!”

The following Monday, conversations cycle back and repeat. (baring any holidays or vacation times)

Office Space (movie) makes a reference to having “a case of the ‘Mondays’” as a demotivating 72 hour illness that “workers” catch, weekly. I can see that.

But if we see this as a pattern, why don’t we do something about it???

What I’m saying is, why not make EVERYDAY “a case of the Fridays?” Being excited about where we are going should be far more contagious than our Monday morning virus.

Some encouragements that protect me from “the Mondays.”--

1. I read scripture every morning. Every day.

2. I take negative “Monday” style thoughts captive, and combat them with scripture:


2 Corinthians 10:5 (New International Version)
5We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.



3. I have heard my life purpose from God: “To bring Glory to Him through innovation and startup (thrust) energy.”—And by allowing this to be my Hedgehog Concept, I gain clarity in purpose in all I do. 

4. I decide to let today be the best day I’ve ever had!

5. And the most relevant for me lately: God has developed a future plan for my life that is FAR MORE EXCITING than where I’m currently at… much like weekend plans on a Friday! ☺


5.5: I’ve written this plan down (with specifics), and bounced it off mentors and fellow entreleaders. It’s a go.





Jeremiah 29:11 (New International Version)
11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.





You get to choose to be the dog poop OR salt in your omelet today! (both give flavor, just one tastes better than the other)

Attitudes (regardless of day of the week) are contagious.  Is YOURS worth catching?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought on this you want to share...? Please type it here!