Search my blog

Thursday, July 15, 2010

as the sun stands still

07.15.10

A “Sun Stand Still” type of faith…

He’s made me uniquely wonderful (Psalm 139:14.) He’s prepared opportunities in advance for me to use my unique gift set (Ephesians 2:10.) He wants me to focus more on bringing Him the Glory through how I use my gifts in the opportunities he lays before me, rather than me gain “success” from a worldly perspective (John 17:4.)

Now, there is a fork in the road. Which road will I take? The safe, secure, predictable road (there is no such thing), or the calling by my King?

Which road would you take?

Joshua knows all about this type of juncture.


Check out this excerpt from Joshua 10:
7 So Joshua marched up from Gilgal with his entire army, including all the best fighting men. 8 The LORD said to Joshua, "Do not be afraid of them; I have given them into your hand. Not one of them will be able to withstand you."
9 After an all-night march from Gilgal, Joshua took them by surprise. 10 The LORD threw them into confusion before Israel, who defeated them in a great victory at Gibeon. Israel pursued them along the road going up to Beth Horon and cut them down all the way to Azekah and Makkedah. 11 As they fled before Israel on the road down from Beth Horon to Azekah, the LORD hurled large hailstones down on them from the sky, and more of them died from the hailstones than were killed by the swords of the Israelites.
12 On the day the LORD gave the Amorites over to Israel, Joshua said to the LORD in the presence of Israel:

"O sun, stand still over Gibeon,
O moon, over the Valley of Aijalon."

13 So the sun stood still,
and the moon stopped,
till the nation avenged itself on [b] its enemies,
as it is written in the Book of Jashar.
The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day. 14 There has never been a day like it before or since, a day when the LORD listened to a man. Surely the LORD was fighting for Israel!


Joshua was given the ability to lead an army, He had previous successes and life experiences that equipped him with wisdom and lessons. He was directly connected to the LORD’s Rhema (inspired word.) And NOW, he was given the opportunity to use all of his preparation.
And what does Joshua do? He PRAYS.

Not just any prayer. Joshua prays a BOLD, GOD SIZED prayer for supernatural assistance in this fight.

He prays for the sun to stand still! And God granted this “crazy out of the box” request.
Now, I’m certainly not here to tell you HOW God will answer prayers… as we all know “the Lord works in mysterious ways.” But what I am saying is that NOTHING LIMITS our God of the Universe to help us, love us, support us, resource us, bless us… if we are seeking to accomplish a calling He has placed on our life.

I am UBER encouraged by this slice of Joshua’s story. Wow.

Join me in praying for the impossible, and then anticipate God’s answer to our request.
Maybe… just maybe… ANYTHING is possible.

1 comment:

Have a thought on this you want to share...? Please type it here!