Search my blog

Monday, July 12, 2010

In the ZONE

7.12.10

-In the ZONE-

You need not see what someone is doing
to know if it is his vocation,

you have only to watch his eyes:
a cook mixing a sauce, a surgeon

making a primary incision,
a clerk completing a bill of lading,

wear the same rapt expression, forgetting
themselves in a function.

How beautiful it is,
that eye-on-the-object look.

-W.H. Auden


When I’m in the zone, I don’t even realize it until I look up and see 4 hours has flown by… or I take a step back and reflect on my emotions, thinking: I feel MORE energy now than when I started!

That “in the zone” feeling is what I desire, because I know it is God’s delight. He has created me for a purpose… for HIS purpose!  When I engage my world around His unique calling for me, it just feels RIGHT!

Jeremiah 29:11 (New International Version)
11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

With this in mind, join me in seeking the “zone” overlap of our CALLING, GIFTS (Spiritual and Physical), and OPPORTUNIES (which come from God alone.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought on this you want to share...? Please type it here!