Search my blog

Monday, July 26, 2010

While I'm Waiting

Play this video:


Waiting on God is NOT the easiest part of this journey.  The closer I get to my calling, the more I begin to realize that I absolutely NEED him to show up in order for it to work out.

Perhaps the lessons I've been learning of patience, peace in waiting, and giving glory to Him have been the primary purpose for me to be sitting on the sidelines this month.  Could I have learned these things had I just jumped into the game?  Could I have truly pursued God's will if my journey didn't require me to wait for His leading?

Nope.  And God knew that.

And so, I continue to wait.  I wait on the Lord... for His Plan (Proverbs 16:9), for His Resources (Ecclesiastes 5:18-19), for his CALLING to move forward. (Judges 6)

I will wait.

Your plan, Lord... Not mine.  Your Will be done on earth, as you've already made known in Heaven.

Give me what I need for the journey, nothing more... nothing less... so that I may have just enough to stay focused on giving you the Glory you deserve, and not become full of myself.

Waiting... the perfect medicine to an impulsive, entrepreneurial "D"...

~~~~~~~~

Lyrics to John Waller's While I'm Waiting :

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Takeing every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord

1 comment:

  1. Honey, I am so glad I get to wait with you in this journey! I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Have a thought on this you want to share...? Please type it here!