Search my blog

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The CRITICAL Idea

7.28.10

The CRITICAL Idea

The Lord is so good. He knows that the incubation time is exactly what I need, in this season, to grow and mature the passions and dreams He has given me. I’m the type of guy that would charge in to “Heck with a water pistol” and just start spraying!!! But God knows I need to time to simply THINK.

As of recent, I’ve stumbled across a simple idea that seems so obvious… Yet I hadn’t truly considered it early on in this process.

This idea can help shape and mold my calling, and solidify my convictions within. It has the power to microwave years and years of lessons that could otherwise have been learned in textbooks and conversation. (Being a husband, a father, an Entreleader, businessman, ministry leader, and an amateur landscaper, I’m all about leveraging my time!)

I’ve read testimony after testimony, life store after life story of OTHER entrepreneurs who optimized this idea, intentionally, and succeeded because of it.

Pastors preach on this idea. Business coaches lead their clients from lessons contained by this idea. NOTHING Great happens without this idea.

Jesus taught this idea. He lead from this idea. His disciples only mission, was THIS IDEA.

This idea starts small, perhaps. Some may consider the first 50% of a lifetime worth of this idea small or insignificant. Unfortunately, many of these people quit and give up on their dream at the 49% mark of this idea, writing it off as “an unachievable asymptote.” (click on link for definition)




And the idea is:  






Experience.





Experience. It is impossible for a surgeon to learn his trade 100% via text book and discussion… He has GOT TO GET HIS HANDS DIRTY!!! (in a “surgical” sort of way.)


James 2:17 (New International Version)
17In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
-We can believe, we can talk about it. We can even PREACH it! But without DOING it, it is DEAD.

Matthew 25:14-30 – PARABLE OF THE TALENTS
-God gives you instruction and resources… and no matter the quantity or size, you better do something with them!

Luke 12:48 (New Living Translation)
48 But someone who does not know, and then does something wrong, will be punished only lightly. When someone has been given much, much will be required in return; and when someone has been entrusted with much, even more will be required.
-If God gives you a vision, passion, and calling… He expects and requires us to do something for His Glory with it!


So the question I ask myself: Is God asking me use the batter He’s given me to pilot a few experiences? And as I even type this, I feel the drum beats confirm… YES.

So what does that look like? What will that become? How long with that season last? These are all things that will reveal themselves in time… but for now, I will trust and obey.

One thing is certain: I have been called to “bring Glory to Him through innovation and thrust energy.”

To GOD be the Glory. His will be done. On earth as it already is in HEAVEN.

I think it is time to get my hands a little dirty...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought on this you want to share...? Please type it here!