Search my blog

Friday, July 23, 2010

Positive Optimism

07.23.10

Positive Optimism.

I’ll be honest. I started this entry with a few paragraphs of puke and smattering complaining about a “leadership with no vision” moment I experienced at the start of my day today.

After typing out the first few paragraphs, I realized that I had oh so eloquently built a case that could rival a litigation attorney… and justify to the whole world my feelings of frustration. With this, I probably would have had a few people thinking:

YEAH! You tell em’. Same ol’ crap happens to me too!

Then after spewing that ugliness out, I would not have experienced reconciliation at a soul level for my anger and frustration today… only would have added fuel to the fire.

And worse yet, I’d have left OTHERS worse off than when I found them. (My Life Purpose 1.0 was to “leave people better than when I found them.”)

Thank you Holy Spirit for stopping me!

Paul had to have had a similar experience with flesh-filled temptation of “misery” and sin…

“I don’t really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don’t do it. Instead, I do what I hate. But if I know that what I am doing is wrong, this shows that I agree that the law is good. So I am not doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it. And I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. I want to do what is right, but I can’t. I want to do what is good, but I don’t. I don’t want to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway. But if I do what I don’t want to do, I am not really the one doing wrong,; it is sin living in me that does it.” Romans 7: 15-20

The sinful flesh patterns within us try to trap us into sin.

But… Paul goes on to say:

“So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. And because you belong to him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death. The law of Moses was unable to save us because of the weakness of our sinful nature. So God did what the law could not do. He sent his own Son in a body like the bodies we sinners have. And in that body God declared an end to sin’s control over us by giving his Son as a sacrifice for our sins. He did this so that the just requirement of the law would be fully satisfied for us, who no longer follow our sinful nature but instead follow the Spirit. ” Romans 8:1-2

This is the hope I need. (WE need) The chains of flesh-patterns/ sin-patterns are broken, because I am a new creation in Christ Jesus. It is by His gift of grace and mercy that I am forgiven. The OLD ROB is dead, and the NEW ROB is alive.

Let us all accept this good gift, and release ourselves from the shackles and chains of a law-filled sinful life.

As an after thought, I once heard a wise man say, “Choose the hills worth dying on.” This particular “leadership with no vision” hill, was NOT one of those.

GREATER things are yet to come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought on this you want to share...? Please type it here!