Search my blog

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Iron shavings

07.06.10

-Iron shavings-

Proverbs 27:17 says “As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.”

Prior to entering into a Christ-centered life, my whole world lacked the accountability and brotherhood this verse refers to. Only after I accepted the undeserved gift of salvation from Christ, and surrendered my mind, body, and soul to Him, have I been blessed with “iron sharpens iron” brothers in my life.

So here’s the question: What about the entire life I already had setup prior to salvation? Prior to complete surrenderance, I had assembled friendships. I had established exercise habits. I had entertainment preferences. I already had a deficient life setup prior to Christ entering into my heart… So now what?!?!

The answer lies in Proverbs 27:17!

I bring my mud, my mess, my deficient world to the cross… and God gives me grace, love, forgiveness, and brotherhood.

I thank Jesus for his model of discipleship.

The men in my life, true men, have stood by my side through thick and through thin.

Picture iron sharpening iron. It’s nasty. Shards of metal flying everywhere… swords tearing into swords ripping shrapnel from each other as they get to the core. The core issue? ☺

Through a shared walk both with Christ and fellow believers, our previously establish life gets ground up like some fresh Kona Grounds ready to be used in a beautiful cup of “wake up.”

BUT…

It’s only when we pass these ground up shards back through filter of our new found identity in Christ that we can truly live the life John 10:10 promises. (…”I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.”)

In summary:

Accept the free gift of forgiveness and salvation from Jesus.
Surrender your heart, your life, your all to Jesus… thus gaining a NEW IDENTITY in Christ
Get around brothers (or sisters respectively) who will sharpen you, in accordance to God’s word
Pass the sharpened shards and grounds of your world back through the filter of God’s perfect identity for you
Enjoy the “full life” now. (Salvation is a PRESENT transformation!!)

1 comment:

Have a thought on this you want to share...? Please type it here!