Search my blog

Friday, July 9, 2010

The Simple ASK

07.09.10

The Simple “Ask”

Maybe it’s my own ego? Maybe it’s an offshoot of “the lie” that I flirt with? Maybe it’s me minimizing the roles God can play in my life, by isolating him to only the “big things” or “catastrophes?”

I don’t ask him for help, as much as my soul desires to.

This gap between soul desire and body action probably looks like an ocean’s wavelength. Times where they intersect and time when they are far apart.

Perhaps I’m overcomplicating this? Look at Jabez, for instance:

1 Chronicles 4:9-10 “There was a man named Jabez who was more honorable than any of his brothers. His mother named him “Jabez” because his birth had been so painful. He was the one who prayed to the God of Israel, “Oh, that you would bless me and expand my territory! Please be with me in all that I do, and keep me from all trouble and pain!” And God granted him his request.”

Such a simple prayer, yet so all inclusive.

Remember, I’m certainly not advocating a certain “spell” or “phraseology,” but I am saying that I would LOVE for my relationship with God to graduate to such an intimate level as Jabez. A request like this one, I could only bring to someone who was inside my inner-“inner circle.”

God desires that of us. He desired that with Jabez. And because our Heavenly Father LOVES us, He naturally desires to give us awesome gifts. Often, when our heart’s desire is aligned to His, He answers our prayers. Not for our own happiness, but to bring him even more Glory than before.

Matthew 7:7 (New International Version)
Ask, Seek, Knock
7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.


So What?
1. Pray to God and ASK. Keep it simple!
2. Search the scriptures (He may have already answered your prayer and it is written in the WORD!)
3. Knock! Take a bold step of faith, and follow God's voice and written word...
4. Watch God open doors (or close them) in accordance with HIS perfect Will.


Thank you, Lord, for the generosity you showed Jabez, and the love you give to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought on this you want to share...? Please type it here!